In the autumn of 2018 we consulted on changes to the Code of Fundraising Practice, with a specific focus on the style, presentation, clarity and accessibility of the code. We asked for views on a new draft of the code, including:
- a new table of contents and a simpler ordering of the code’s content
- a “Plain English” review of language used in the code
- a new code introduction
- a glossary of key terms used
- a table of rules proposed for deletion or amendment
- incorporation of the face-to-face fundraising rulebooks
A discussion paper was released in September 2018 setting out proposals for the changes. Comments were invited until Friday 16 November 2018.
A paper summarising our response was published in June 2019 specifying changes to the code.
Click here to read the consultation paper and appendices released in September 2018.
Click here to read the response paper and appendices released in June 2019.